Responding to the Overturning of Roe v. Wade
June 27, 2022 — SRE Network is disheartened by the decision of the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade, a longstanding legal precedent in our country. Our Jewish values and texts support a woman’s right to choose abortion in a variety of circumstances. As a Jewish network of over 150 organizations that is rooted in a shared commitment to safety, respect, and equity-for all, our work is focused on building community, research and learning, and strategic community investments, using an intersectional lens of gender justice.
SRE recently made an emergency contribution to Network member, National Council of Jewish Women NCJW to support their reproductive justice and abortion access work nationwide. They released this statement and created an Action Center, with resources and opportunities to get involved. Please register here for their upcoming events:
- Tuesday, June 28 at 1:30 pm ET: Jewish Community Briefing on Abortion Access
- Thursday, July 14 at 1:30 pm ET: Rabbi Danya Ruttenberg will lead an in-depth teaching on Jewish sources around abortion justice over Zoom.
- Anti-Defamation League (ADL)
- Central Conference of American Rabbis (CCAR)
- Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Philanthropies
- Gender Equity In Hiring Project
- Jewish Council for Public Affairs (JCPA)
- Jewish Women’s Fund of Atlanta (JWFA)
- Jewish Women International (JWI)
- Moving Traditions
- Rabbinical Assembly
- Reconstructing Judaism
- Union for Reform Judaism (URJ)
- Women’s Rabbinic Network (WRN)
SRE Network will continue to closely monitor the situation and share with our network opportunities to get involved. We appreciate your continued commitment to creating and supporting safe, respectful, and equitable workplaces. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
# # #
About SRE Network:
We are a Jewish network of over 150 organizations rooted in a shared commitment to safety, respect, and equity-for all. We inspire meaningful change in workplaces and communal spaces by bringing people together to address gender-based harassment, discrimination, and inequity. Our work is focused on building community, research & learning, and strategic community investments, using an intersectional lens of gender justice.